Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Volcanoes Web Quest Project- Using Google Drive

My students have been working very hard on a new project that I am trying this year. So far it is going very well, except that it is taking longer than expected. Although, this always seems to happen with projects. The Project is called: Exploring Volcanoes Web-Quest.

I adapted the project for my students from this web-quest.  Additionally, I decided that this project was the perfect time for students to use Google Drive. They were able to get experience with Google Presentation, Google Docs and Google Spreadsheet. It was a valuable learning experience for ALL of us, especially me! I posted information for the web-quest on my web-site (I am always posting things on my web-site to force students into using it).

In class, we discussed the project and I split students into teams of 4. I let teams decide on each scientist's role (unless groups were arguing and then I chose roles at random). Each group has a reasearcher, volcanologist, historian and photographer. Each scientist was given a hard copy of their responsibilities that I printed for them from the web-site. I also gave each group a hard copy of the rubric that I will use to grade presentations. Groups turned these rubrics in to me at the time they presented their projects to the class.

I want to share links to some of our presentations because I am really proud of my students and how their final products turned out!  I feel like a proud Momma!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment