Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Google Drive

My school began using Google Drive (Docs, Spreadsheet, Slides, Forms, etc.) a few years ago. I was really excited about it at first and made some forms for students to complete, but then it kind of fell by the wayside in our school and in my classroom. When our technology coordinator emailed us about using Google Drive a few months ago, it was a wake up call for me! She also informed us that all of the new computers would no longer have Microsoft Office (YIKES!), so we really needed to begin using Google Drive for ourselves and with our students. I had a brief training with our technology coordinator and I am now trying to get up and running with it. I am pleased to say that so far I LOVE IT!!! I love that all of my work automatically saves to Google Drive, and that I can then access those files from anywhere with internet (No more lugging my school lap-top or stupid flash drive around). Additionally, our wonderful technology coordinator has created accounts for ALL of the students. I can now easily share documents with all of my students in one easy step, and they can edit and share documents with each other and with me. Last week, I used Forms to create this form. Forms are my favorite so far, and here's why:
1.  They are EXTREMELY easy to create, yet look very professional.

2.  You can choose from several different answer types.  That makes forms great for surveys, voting, assignments, even quizzes and/ or tests.
3.  Pictures and Videos can be inserted into the Form.  This was amazing for the form assignment that I just created for my students over plate tectonics, earthquakes and volcanoes.
4.  All form answers can be recorded into a spreadsheet.  This makes tallying results or grading assignments easy and organized!

No comments:

Post a Comment