Thursday, February 27, 2014

Parent Teacher Conferences- What to Wear???

Tonight and tomorrow are Parent-Teacher conferences at our school.  This morning while I was agonizing over what to wear, it got me thinking about appropriate attire for Parent-Teacher conferences.  I know that every school does conferences differently, but a lot are in the evenings and it makes for an extremely long day for teachers.  However, we all want to look our absolute best for conferences, in order to make a good impression on parents.  I like to look professional, while also looking modern and age appropriate.  That said, it is HARD to find a very professional and polished but modern, yet comfortable, outfit that will withstand a 14 hour day.  I have tried different things in the past, such as bringing an outfit to change into or going home to change.  However, both make more work, and laundry, for me.  Now that I am a working mommy, I try to make things as simple as possible.
 A few things that I have learned along the way are:
1) wearing flats, but stashing a pair of heels in my bag to change into for conferences
2) staying at school instead of trying to race home- I can get a lot of work done this way, but I do stash some essentials in my bag to freshen up before conferences start (i.e.- face wash, deodorant, perfume, toothbrush, etc)
3) dressing in layers (in case the school is cold, or in case of a dreaded stain!)
4)  picking out my conference outfit and ironing it ahead of time so I am not throwing together an outfit at the last minute.  Confession:  I didn't do this for today, and I was very stressed this morning!

I found some great outfit ideas for Parent-Teacher conferences that I thought I would share-


 I am curious what others do for Parent-Teacher conferences in order to look professional, while also being comfortable?  I would love some suggestions!!!!!

1 comment: